|CALL FOR BIDS:
and Rock bids turned in July 19, 2012
On August 21, 1876 Ochiltree
County was created as a county 30 miles square.
The county was named for
William Beck Ochiltree, a
Republic of Texas judge, secretary of treasury,
and an officer in the army of the Confederacy. In
1879, having been marked off on the map with boundaries,
it was attached to Wheeler County. It remained a
part of Wheeler County until it was officially organized
An Early History of Ochiltree County, pp. 68-69]
is in the northeast Texas Panhandle with its center
at 36°17' north latitude and 100°49' west longitude.
The County seat is